Position: Shift Leader
Location: Capitol Hill, WA
Reports to: Shift Supervisor / Store Manager
Job Type: Full Time
We are looking for a shift manager who loves customers, enjoy the busy restaurant setting, and looking to take their career into a leadership role. This position contributes to Kukai’s success by leading team on delivering the best Kukai experience. Your positive energy and enthusiasm is the key to your success.
• Lead Excellent customer service
• Ability to be flexible to work in different stations
• Be a remodel for the team members
• 100% understand and agree the company’s wills and directions, being able to follow and complete the tasks given by the company
• Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Kukai.
• Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
• Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create best dining environment during each shift.
• Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed. Provides feedback to store manager on partner performance during shift.
• Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
• Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to partners on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve partner performance.
• Delivers Kukai customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
• Develops positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
• Executes store operations during scheduled shifts. Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned.
• Follows Kukai operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
• Follows all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
• Follows up with team members during the shift to ensure the delivery of Kukai customer service for all customers.
• Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and by collaborating with store manager to find new, creative, and effective methods of recognition.
• Maintains regular and punctual attendance
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
• Able to be stand and work on his/her feet for minimum of 8 hour per work day, going up and down the ladder.
• Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Comply with, coach and model a professional and clean Kukai dress code
• Six months of experience in a position that required constant interacting with and fulfilling the requests of customers
• At least six months of experience delegating tasks to other employees and/or coordinating the tasks of two or more employees
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to direct the work of others
• Ability to learn quickly
• Effective oral communication skills
• Knowledge of the restaurant environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to build relationships
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com